SENIOR /STAFF ENGINEER – BACKOFFICE (IT)
Sarawak - Kuching
To support and ensure the entire integrated systems infrastructures are in smooth running and in support with the Company’s Business Plan. Maintain professional standards in working relationships, and high level of confidentiality and discretion as a systems administrator.
- Responsible for the entire IT systems infrastructure such as UNIX servers, databases,
SAN/NAS storage, SAN switches, data backup/restore/archive system.
- Administrating multiple platform and system architectures, ensuring systems reliability and availability at all time for all the servers.
- Servers Administration
- Strong technical experience in Operating System (OS) administration such as AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Windows and Linux
- Systems Performance and Enhancement
- Systems back-up and disaster recovery
- Systems Preventive maintenance and high available assurance
- Systems hardware upgrade and engineering change
- Management of FTP servers, OS upgrades and patching
- Scripting skills on Windows and UNIX environments
- Database Administration
- Strong technical experience in database administration of DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL
- Database tuning and enhancement
- To conduct regular user meetings for system improvement feedback.
- Database archiving, backup and restoration
- Monitoring systems performance
- SAN/NAS Administration
- Network topology setup for multiple platforms and applications
- Management of the storage environment consisting of IBM and EMC SAN, and NetApps
- Administer and maintain SAN switches such as Brocade
- Data Back-up/Restore/Archive Administration
- Sound skills and practical experience in Legato Networker data backup/restore of
Windows, UNIX, storages environment
- Experience in IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and HP Data Protector will be advantageous
- Proven technical experience in disaster recovery methodologies and data replication
- Source, schedule and manage all system infrastructure resources, including vendors or third party contractors to meet certain stipulated service levels.
Qualification: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 6 to 9 years of relevant working experience.
Competent in IT applications such as SAP and MES; Multi OS knowledge such as Windows,Unix, Linux, Solaris; Database knowledge Oracle, DB2, SQL and Network services such as internet facilities, email systems, networking services.
Knowledge in Information security, computer networking, LAN/WAN/SAN/NAS is compulsory.
Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills.
Good initiatives and presentation skills required.
Fast learner and able to work with minimum supervision.
Good leadership and problem solving skills.